Another storm is on the way! Prepare your Connecticut Home with these 12 Winter Storm Generator Season Prep Tips!
- Stock up on batteries, flashlights and chargers before a storm hits, as it can be several days before power is restored and roads are cleared from a winter storm event.
- Make sure you have enough food and water to last for several days.
- Clean out gutters and trim branches that could come into contact with power lines if covered in snow or ice.
- Turn off outside water faucets and disconnect hoses.
- Wrap any exposed pipes and your water heater with towels and blankets.
- Make sure heating vents are open and unobstructed by furniture.
- Keep indoor heat consistent and open cabinets to help heat flow near pipes.
- Let water drip from indoor faucets to avoid freezing pipes.
- Keep shades and curtains open during the day to allow the sun in.
- If you must leave your home and drive, have blankets, shovels, water, food and sand or kitty litter in the car in case you get stuck in snow or ice.
- In the event of a power outage, use plenty of blankets and winter clothes to keep warm. Never use a gas stove to heat a house in the winter.
- To avoid carbon monoxide poisoning, do not run a portable generator in the garage or porch.
Call CT Generator Service for More Winter Storm Generator Season Prep Tips!
☎️ (860) 343-1797