W are slowly leaving the Winter behind! A homeowner or business will benefit from having an automatic standby generator during:
- Grid Failure
- Heat Waves
- Ice Storms
- Maintenance of Power Grid
- Also for Transformer Failure
- Utility Outage from Downed Power Lines
Facts about automatic standby generators
- More people die from exposure after a storm and before normalcy is restored than during a storm. People more at risk are the elderly, sick and very young
- Restoring power to your home as quickly as possible can keep food and medicines fresh and usable
- Well pumps and sewer systems need to be restored as soon as possible as to not create bigger issues
- The electrical grid, because of age (50+ yrs) is becoming also more susceptible to outages
- It ensures constant communication with local/national news, weather and information in case of an emergency
- 85% of portable generators 1 year or older will not start if an emergency occurs
- Most portable generators run on gasoline, which can be dangerous in itself, to store and in very short supply during an emergency
- If a portable generator is not sized correctly, it can over-power, which means damage to your home appliances and the generator
- If an emergency were to happen, the homeowner must prepare the portable generator for use, including: playing the generator outside, near the transfer switch, fueling the generator, laying out extension cords to the various appliances in your home, i.e. refrigerator, freezer, lights. Then the portable generator must be started, also in a state of emergency this is not the most ideal way to get power to your home.
These are just some facts about portable generators. Let’s get to why you should consider a standby generator:
- A standby generator will provide power to your home in case of power outages
- If an emergency were to occur, you do nothing to get everything set up. If the power provider fails, your standby generator will automatically switch from your provider isolating generator from the grid, automatically start and provide your home with electrical power all in less than 1 minute!
- Installation of a standby generator only takes 2 to 4 days!
You will also be happy you have a standby generator if an emergency were to ever occur.
Reach Out for More Automatic Standby Generator Questions!
☎️ (860) 343-1797